Monday, February 2, 2009

Pizza Pizza

I love Za.

I love its gooey cheesey-ness, its pasta saucy-ness & its endless possibilities of toppings.

What I don't love is its usually fatty and high carby-ness.

So I came up with my own version of the comfort food:
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/3 cup pasta sauce
1 cup shredded soy mozzarella
1 slice back bacon, chopped
1/2 small tomatoe, chopped and seeded (removing the seeds reduces moisture to keep the tortilla from getting mushy)
2 stalks asparagus, chopped
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
3-5 hot banana peppers

Preheat oven to 450° C

Place tortilla on a baking sheet and spread pasta sauce over evenly
Sprinkle soy cheese over pasta sauce evenly

Arrange toppings

Bake on middle rack for 8 - 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling

Remove pizza from baking sheet and place back in the oven for 2-5 minute or until edges are crisp

Let rest 2 minutes

Slice and enjoy!

No comments: