Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DO NOT Eat After 8

I'll admit it, I used to think this concept was total garbage.

I always rationalized my late night binging with my schedule and that it was totally fine for me to chow down at 11:00 pm since I had only been up since ... well, let's be honest here, 7:00 am (usually) and had more than likely over the course of the regular day ingested WELL over my daily caloric intake.

And even as the jeans got tighter and the muffin top larger, I never saw any reason to stop this habit. I figured I could just amend my daily caloric intake and that would be fine. I would then further rationalize that I had left over room for the midnight munching by cutting down on what I ate for lunch or dinner. That makes sense right?

NOT!

It's not that I hadn't been told and warned and read all the articles on the subject, I just seemed to think that it didn't apply to me.

Well, I was wrong.

As of January 1, 2009 I have stopped eating after 8:00 pm and as you know, I have happily and without hunger lost 10 lbs!

It was hard at first, don't get my wrong. It felt as if I had lost something. It was a feeling very similar to what I had experienced when I quit smoking. Something was missing, I was bored. Watching TV in the evenings just didn't seem as fun without a bag or bowl of something at my finger tips.

But slowly, it started to get easier. I started drinking loads of water with a few drops of lemon juice to "spice it up" so to speak.

It was the start of the total eating overhaul I needed to make to see the results I wanted to see.

In addition to breaking up my meals throught the day (3 meals) and adding in healthy snacks (3 snacks), I also started to eat my dinners later, but still at a reasonable time (between 6:30 - 7:00 pm) and make the effort to eat them slowly, savouring each bite and taking my time to let my gut tell my brain I was getting full.

And what can I tell you, its working!

More Reads:

If you often consume 35 percent or more of your calories after dinner, you might.

Don't eat late at night, says nutritionist Fiona Hunter

No comments: