Monday, February 23, 2009

Time to MultiTask

I HATE exercising first thing in the morning.

GASP! Yes, its true, what can I say?

But let me be clear, it's not that I HATE to work out when I first get up, because I do rather enjoy it. Gets the blood pumping and makes me feel good about scarfing down my post-workout breakfast.

But what I dislike rather, is the the idea of having to get up early specifically for a workout. I dispose having to already get up early 3 days a week to attend my industry meetings at the office, so hitting the treadmill is not going motivate me anymore than that to out from under the covers. Sleep is and always will be more important to me and those who are around me.

This is why I always work out in the evening. Plus it is a GIANT stress reliever for me and when I wake up I am just not stressed out ... after work, well, that's a whole other kettle of fish

But maybe, in my lazy AM ways there is a possibility of me getting in a few reps before the office grind:

I've always wanted soccer-player calves--without having to play soccer everyday! So, for a few years now I've been doing a little calf workout while I dry my hair in the morning. It takes me 10 minutes to blow out this mop of mine, so that's 10 minutes I can use to do some leg lifts.

They're so simple that I don't even need to explain, but I will. Basically, just shift the weight of your body up onto the balls of your feet (like you're standing on your "tip toes"), and repeat--lifting yourself up and down again. Do these in sets of 15-20, giving yourself a little break between. You'll feel a burn in your calf muscles, and that's good!

No comments: