Saturday, January 2, 2010

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I made these for my Dad and Bro on Christmas morning and they were a total hit! I mean really, who doesn’t like raspberries and chocolate?

RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES

1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 cup soy milk
1/3 cup carbonated water
1 tbsp oil
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
Refined coconut oil for frying

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bow.

In a separate bowl, combine agave nectar, milk, water and oil.

Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined, don’t over mix!

Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips

Heat skillet over medium heat, melting 1 tsp of coconut oil in pan

Using an oiled 1/3 cup to measure, drop pancake batter into the skillet

Cook until edged being to firm up and bubbles appear in the centre

Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes

TIP: To keep the pancakes warm while I finish up, I heat my oven up to about 360 degrees, keeping a plate with the finished cakes warming, adding the new ones as they are cooked,

No comments: