Saturday, December 19, 2009

PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!

Today was a serious craving day ... I have a feeling it is a hormonal thing, but for whatever reason I could not stop thinking about PIZZA.

Saucy, carby, veggie filled, cheesey, PIZZA!

Over the weekend P and I hit up Whole Foods and managed to find a vegan, cheese free frozen pie that looked like it had some promise. How bad could an oragnic whole wheat pizza topped with marinated organic shiitake mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sweet onions and marinated artichoke hearts be? COME ON, that sounds fantastic. But he was still skeptical due to its costs and size but I convinced him to give a whirl.

And tonight, after a long day at the shop, it was all I could think about.

So when I got home I ran to the freezer, pulled that bad boy out and fired up the oven. And then the magic happened. I remembered I had bought myself a treat.

I have been on a vegan cheese quest for sometime now and had all but given up until I read about Vegan Gourmet Cheese Alternative and when I spied it on the shelves of Whole Foods I had to give it a go.

So I grabbed it from the fridge, got to shredding and topped the already fabu looking pie cooking in the oven.

And 20 minutes later I AM IN SHEER BLISS.

The Pizza is UNREAL. The veggies and crust are delish and my god, I have found a vegan cheese that is to DIE FOR. Its melty, gooey and tastes JUST like mozzarella

AND - P LOVED IT! Another score on the vegan menu for me!

Pardon me while I finsih enjoying my new found best friend ... Oh cheese, how I had missed you ...


+


= HEAVEN!

No comments: