So needless to say I have been forever disappointed in my filling, hearty typical vegan bunch options. So needless to say I needed to come up with something of my own, and by golly I have to admit- Momma done good.
Mexican Tofu Scramble
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (I love crimini for their hearty flavor)
- 1 pkg organic tofu - firm & pressed
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- Over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in vegetable stock for about 5 minutes
- Add in mushrooms and continue to saute another 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, break tofu into crumbles
- Add tofu and salsa to pan and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, or until all juices have been absorbed.