Thursday, April 30, 2009

Attack of The Killer Kiwi

Not sure what was going on … I was … nervous … or maybe it was that I am still fighting this stupid cold and have now been hacking for almost 2 weeks, I don’t know …

WHATEVE …I was worked up about tonight … and in anticipation of the night inagural session, I finally used my inhaler …

ONLY to realise that the expiry date was 2 months ago … then I got all antsy and anxious … took forever to get my bike unlocked and get out of the house …

BUT it was a lovely ride to the gym … warm, sunny, streets alive with the buds of cherry and apple blossoms
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAVE - He is nice, but is no softie and worked me out … and I was hurtin’….

WITHIN a few minutes of getting settled, in it was fine, my paranoia began to subside …

HE didn’t messy around and we got right into it …

IT started with overall warm up exercises, so many squats and bends ... shit, I was already feeling it …

THEN we got serious with a fancy bunch of wall squats, medicine ball lunges, cable pulls, leg curls, bench presses and crunches ...

IT was totally what I had hoped for – Real exercise, not just me kinda following some print out from a magazine or a webpage - with actual form critique and corrections, timing guidance, and access to lots of different types of equipment like: swiss and bosu balls, cable and free weight and a few different medicine balls – all the stuff I don’t/can't have at home …

I GOT a crazy good sweat on … just what I needed

EVEN got awesome stretch out at the end … I was a pretzel

POURED myself outta there after somehow managing to book the next few sessions and

RODE home in the sunset …

Overall Grade on the Session: A+

No comments: