Sunday, June 23, 2013

Spartan Sprint 2013 Review

Yesterday I completed my first ever Spartan Sprint (3+ miles of obstacle racing).  I am so proud of this accomplishment and amazed at what my body and mind combined to do.

Over 5km, my teammates and I scrambled up and over walls ranging from 4-10 feet + 20 foot rope ladder up and over walls, carried sand bags, ammo boxes and water jugs up and down hills, hoisted a cement block off the ground using a pulley system, tossed a javelin, heaved ourselves up a wet wall and back down a rope, crawled through the dirt in tunnels and under camo nets, waded through mud while dodging barbed wire and leap over flames.

No big deal.

Nope - MASSIVE DEAL.

It was the hardest thing (outside of labour - lol) I have ever done. And it proved to me a few things:

1) My body is capable of things I never thought possible,
2) While I still have a lof of weight to shed, am far stronger than I realized,
3) I have to really work on my cardio/running endurance,
4) My mind/head is the only thing that can stop me from doing something
5) With amazing people at my side, I can take on any challenge

With such a eye opening event behind me, I am now even more committed to becoming fit and fab, not only for the outside, but for the inside as well.





No comments: