Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baby Eats: Coconut Oil Banana Almond Butter

I am starting to have to sneak stuff into the boy. He has gone from ridiculous fantastic eater, to classicly picky kid. We have alway done the "hide it" in pancakes and muffins routine, but I recently branched out and ventured into the world of spreads and dove into coconut oil.

While I use coconut oil on his face and butt regularly, he had yet to have any in his diet and since the little dude could stand to grow a bit more, I thought it may be a good addition to his healthy fat intake.

Anywhoo, since he is basically part monkey and can't even look at a banana without losing his mind, I opted to use his fave fruit as part of this experiment. I was not wrong in assuming that he would enjoy it. Kiddo almost screams when he sees the jar of this coming his way now.

SUCCESS! Now get growing baby boy!



Coconut Oil Banana Almond Butter

  • 4 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 medium banana
  • 4 tbsp almond butter


  1. Blend everything together and enjoy! Will do best in an airtight container in the fridge to keep the oil firm

No comments: