Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Yumday!

Even though I am on mat leave and I don't go into an office Monday - Friday, I still love me the weekends. DH and I have come to an agreement on sleeping (He take a lie in on Saturday, I get Sunday), we get to hang out as a family of 3 in PJs as long as we want, we can take long walks and spend way too much time on the swings and best of all I get to cook big yumtastic brunches!

Today was my fave go to - Scrambled Tofu, but with a slight twist. Usually there is a mild salsa in my tofu for spice and flavour, but had none on hand today. So I winged it and man - what that a delish little adventure. And I felt a bit wacky after that so I turned them into wraps, but it is just a yum to  with a side of hash browns, yam fries or toast.


Breakfast Tofu Scramble Wraps
  • 1 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 block drained firm tofu (not pressed)
  • 1 tsp Oregano
  • 1 tsp Basil
  • S&P to taste
  • 1/4 cup water (or vegetable stock and omit veg paste)
  • 1 tsp Better than Bullion Vegetable Paste
  • 1/2 avocado, mashed
  • Greens (I had spinach and sunflower sprouts on hand)
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
  1. Over medium heat, saute onions in oil for 2 min - add in tomatoes and cook until onions start to brown
  2. Crumble in tofu, using the natural liquid from it to deglaze the pan of all the delish stuck bits of onion & tomato. 
  3. Add in spices & water/stock and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is gone
  4. You can add in water as needed to re-incorporate bits stuck to pan - a tbsp at a time
  5. Warm tortillas in oven or over flame, spreading avo over centre, layer greens and tofu, wrap and devour!




No comments: