Today was my fave go to - Scrambled Tofu, but with a slight twist. Usually there is a mild salsa in my tofu for spice and flavour, but had none on hand today. So I winged it and man - what that a delish little adventure. And I felt a bit wacky after that so I turned them into wraps, but it is just a yum to with a side of hash browns, yam fries or toast.
Breakfast Tofu Scramble Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 block drained firm tofu (not pressed)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- S&P to taste
- 1/4 cup water (or vegetable stock and omit veg paste)
- 1 tsp Better than Bullion Vegetable Paste
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Greens (I had spinach and sunflower sprouts on hand)
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Over medium heat, saute onions in oil for 2 min - add in tomatoes and cook until onions start to brown
- Crumble in tofu, using the natural liquid from it to deglaze the pan of all the delish stuck bits of onion & tomato.
- Add in spices & water/stock and simmer over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is gone
- You can add in water as needed to re-incorporate bits stuck to pan - a tbsp at a time
- Warm tortillas in oven or over flame, spreading avo over centre, layer greens and tofu, wrap and devour!