After a hour long session with my new and amazingly fantastic new Naturopath and a very thorough food sensitvity and digestion analysis, it is now the case that I am no longer able to enjoy the following:
- Potatoes (but yams are OK!)
- Peanuts, peanut butter (no worries with almonds and cashews and almond/cashew butters - phew!)
- Corn on the cob, frozen corn, popcorn, corn oil, corn nuts (mind me while I mourn the loss of my huge movie popcorn love-ins)
- Red Wine and all other alcohols (no big deal, really! I am "on the wagon" for 2011 anyway)
- Chocolate (Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!)
- Coffee (Again, no big deal, I prefer green and herbal teas)
- Sugar (meh, I have been living without it for years as it is)
- Soy Sauce (Braggs only now)
- Tofu (none, whatsoever, this will be a tricky one)
- Soy Milk (no issues with this. I'll just alternate between enriched almond and rice milks)
- ALL FAKE MEATS (Again, nothing huge really as they didn't factor into my diet much any ways and they do contain nasty sodium nitrate and sodium nitrites, but I did just cook my first and very yummy Tofurkey for Christmas so I am glad I got that in when I did)
Poor P. He was just getting used to organic vegan shopping and now I am tossing all this at him (me, I am not so fussed other than the wine and chocolate!)
After a month off these foods we will start testing them in smaller doses to see if I have developed a tolerance for them and if so, then it should be OK in small amounts. But if not, they are out for good.
And if my acne clears up (as I have been promised) then I don't care what I have to ditch, it will be worth all the emotional relief and stress. Being almost 32 and having suffered with acne for over half my life has taken a toll on me like nothing else. It is time for it to come to an end.
So off to the kitchen and cookbooks I go.
Its a new year and a new adventure!