Simple and effective.
So last night while I was staring into the abyss of my fridge I can up with a new, more grown up version of Vegetable YumYum and man, did it ever turn out good.
I love when kitchen experiments turn out well!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 yam, peeled and diced
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can tomato paste
- Over medium heat melt coconut oil and lightly sauté onions until clear
- Add in turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning spices
- Add in zucchini, yams, cayenne pepper, water and bring to a boil
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until yams are cooked through
- Add in tomato paste and cook a few minutes longer until everything is warm