Saturday, June 13, 2009

mountain biking, training and the RIDE ….

WOAH … it’s been longer since I thought I last posted …

Geeze – Well, what can I tell ya ….

I’ve been busy

The last month has been all about mountain biking, training and the RIDE ….

MOUNTAIN BIKING:

Every Wednesday in May I got skooled for 3 hours - At my Endless Biking Progression Sessions: All Mountain …

They were unreal - I learned so much, met amazing other riders and made some great progress in my own riding. I hit things I never thought I would hit, I rode things I never thought I could ride… it was a confidence boost like no other …

Clearly also a work out– I pedaled more than I ever had before, I climbed up Mt. Fromme without stopping to a trail I never thought I would do …that’s 5 BIG switchbacks … that’s 45 minutes uphill …

But also a danger zone - I scored some crazy bruises all over my thighs and right hand, a pedal slice on the back of my right calf, a group of stained muscles along my right shoulder and down my arm ….

Wait, what’s up with all the right sided injuries ... hmmmm, never noticed that before, something to check out …

ANYWHOO …

I also kept up with the TRAINING at the gym …

Kiwi is pushing me harder now than ever, and its now time for me to step it up on my end…

Last night he made me do 60 crunches … which don’t maybe sound like a lot, but they were the Swiss/Bosu Ball ones (INSANE hard) and then to switch it up a bit and vary the torture, the ugly BICYCLE ones ….

I felt like puking on him …

BUT I have signed up for this torture, I am even paying for it … and for that reason I know what I have to do next …

I need to commit to just ONE more hour to the gym a week to get the results I am after … and I know they are close …

AND, to end it all off, this coming weekend is the RIDE TO CONQUER CANCER.

I ride I committed to long ago, a ride that I raised the funds for ($2500!) and a ride that I have been training for …

And only yesterday I realized that I am SCARED SHITLESS!!!

What the hell am I thinking?! I can’t ride my bike from VANCOUVER to SEATTLE!!!

That’s just insanity ….

Good GAWD wish me LUCK

So as you can see, BUSY ...

OH wait, and today (SATURDAY) I got up at 6:30 am to pick up my GF Julie to meet other insane friends at Grouse Mountain to do the Grouse Grind ...

WTF?!

Who's idea was this and how did they get me to agree to join them?

BUSY & also clearly INSANE

What is all this mountain and sea air doing to me?

Oh man, I know what it is ....

I am turning into a VANCOUVERITE!!!

Time for a trip home to TARANNA

No comments: