Thursday, June 3, 2010

Traveling the World as a Vegan

Next week I am heading out on a long awaited and dreamed of 4 month adventure through Southern Africa and South East Asia.

I am super excited to be venturing out into the world and experiencing new cultures and meeting new and fantastic people.

But I am also nervous about the reality of keeping to my vegan lifestyle and diet.

Through lots of internet research and talking to others who have traveled similar routes I feel that I will be able to maintain my diet, even if it means eating loads of rice and beans.

Check out some of these sites out for more info on traveling as a vegan:





I am looking forward to trying local foods as much as I can and don't feel that I will be missing out or not having a full experience by avoiding meat, dairy and eggs.

I hope to be able to post about my travel and food experiences as often as possible, however some of my locations (such as the Kalahari desert and the hill of Northern Laos) may not lend themselves to internet access.

Otherwise, I will be back in action in October with (I'm sure) loads of stories both good and bad.

Wishing you all a fabulous, healthy, vegany-good summer!!!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Oh wow I'll be going to SE Asia in August! Where do you anticipate you'll be around then? We're starting off in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and then heading over to Laos. Perhaps our paths will cross at some point??

RokMomma said...

Oh how cool! I will be heading north from Bangkok around August 15, to Chiang Mai and then over to Laos, Vietnam and finally Cambodia. That we be so cool if we were able to meet up! I'm planning on doing the slow boat to Luang Prabang :)